- Unpack the contents of the pack
- Read the instruction manual/schematics in detail
- Select the position of the DVR. Ensure that you keep it close to your router and a power plug.
- Plan and select the locations for the CCTV cameras
- Depending on whether you opted for wired or wireless cameras, run the cables.
- Mount the cameras and connect the power.
- Connect the appropriate cables to the camera and the DVR.
- Check if the cameras come up in the DVR.
- Run the CAT5 cable and assign an IP address manually or use the automated settings. Assign a web port.
- You can adjust the camera settings now and your CCTV remote network is up and ready to use.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
How to setup a remote monitoring CCTV network
Now you can remotely monitor your CCTV cameras without making significant changes to the hardware or communication lines in the house.
There are a lot of benefits of opting to monitor the house remotely as opposed to manual surveillance. Remote monitoring allows you to keep a check on the house from virtually anywhere (Depending on the type of technology you have decided to use).
Also, with a recording device, you can always scan through the footage and it is accepted as proof in any court of law.
Understand the Technology
Most remote monitoring CCTV cameras rely on the internet to relay the footage. So, with an internet connection and a standard internet browser, you can monitor your home from anywhere in the world.
There are two different types of CCTV security cameras, the older analog ones and the newer Digital ones. While both these can be remotely monitored, the analog cameras require a capture board as part of the processing unit. It is this capture board that converts the analog video into digital video.
IP cameras are the easiest remote CCTV cameras to set up. They come built in with their own remote monitoring software which makes it easier to set up and install them.
Installing and setting up a remote CCTV network requires a fair amount of technical expertise and knowledge of computer networking. If you are unsure about this, then it is best to rely on your security company for installing the Remote monitoring CCTV network.
DIGITALS INDIA remote viewing solution helps you to monitor your remote site without using any special software. You can conveniently view all your sites by entering a web address in the navigation bar of any web browser like Mozilla and IE etc. To know more mail us at email@example.com
You may also Like
- Setting up Biometric Security for Office
- Security Systems to Protect Elders at Home
- GSM Based Security Alarm System : The next big thing in Security
- 6 CCTV Remote view myth busted!
- Installing an IP Camera at home
- How to setup a remote monitoring CCTV network
- Only CCTV not enough for security of premises.