In this feature we are discussing key Issues in ATM Security and some tips that can help you safeguard yourself from the ATM fraudsters.
1) ATM Frauds-
|A hidden Camera installed on the machine to save PIN|
This Chart defines the Various ATM frauds
2) Crime and ATM s-
There have been several incidences where Stranger have forced people to withdraw cash from the ATM machine using their ATM cards. Our Advise will be to make your transaction as fast as possible. The more time you take inside the ATM room, more vulnerable you become. Also make sure that you do not count the cash in public place or inside the ATM. The cash should be only counted in the car or other secure places. There are also rising incidences of Misuse of ATM card by close acquaintances. It is important to keep the PIN and other account related information confidential.
1) It is best to use ATM attached to the banks or at places which will be difficult for fraudster to maneuver.
2) Don't save your ATM pin at obvious places like a diary,a mobile phone or at back of a Card. These can be easily accessed by close acquittance.
3) Look for suspicious attachments.Do not use ATM which looks suspicious or tampered with.
4) Change your PIN number regularly and use different PINs for different accounts.
5) Report lost or stolen credit card immediately
This is a part of a month long series on Banking Security Special @ Security-Faqs. Find other articles over here.
Read more at:
How safe is your ATM?
Concern about ATM security?
ATM Frauds in India